Friday 9 March 2012

Berry Muffins - The Birthday Brunch

So, it's been a long and work heavy month. However, my dissertation is nearly complete and I have the perfect excuse to do some baking...

It's my friend's birthday tomorrow. Although he doesn't know it yet, I've made him some Birthday Brunch Berry Muffins... and I'll tell you now, they are delicious (of course I've already tried one!). So, here are the delicious goods from my evenings bake....


Ingredients:
50g Fresh Blueberries
100g Mix Dried Berries (Strawberries, Cranberries, Raisins etc.)
100g Unsalted Butter
300g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 Large Eggs, Beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
150ml Milk
25g Porridge Oats

Recipe:
1) Preheat the oven at 160 degrees. Place muffin paper cases in a muffin baking tray.
2) Cream the butter & sugar together until fluffy.
3) Slowly whisk in the eggs (one at a time).
4) Add in the milk & vanilla extract and whisk away!
5) Sift in the flour and baking powder. Fold into the mixture.
6) Add in the blueberries, dried fruit & oats. Mix well. (It should be quite a firm dough)
7) Separate dough into the muffin cases.
8) Cook for 30 minutes, until golden
9) Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then gobble them all!

I he likes the BIRTHDAY MUFFINS (and I hope you do too) !!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment